If you want to know how to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Koh Lipe in Thailand, there are a variety of ways you can get there, depending on the season.
During the high season November to May, the easiest way to get to Koh Lipe from KL is to fly from KUL to LGK (Langkawi).
In the low season, June to October, you will have to go via Hat Yai in southern Thailand as boats no longer operate from Langkawi during this time of year.
On this high season only route to Koh Lipe, you have to first travel to the island of Langkawi in the north-west of Peninsular Malaysia, located just over 40 kms away from Koh Lipe in Thailand.
To get to Langkawi from KL you can :
1) Fly on a cheap carrier like AirAsia.
From Alor Setar you can take a ferry from Kuala Kedah to Kuah on Langkawi.
From Arau you can take the ferry from Kuala Perlis to Kuah.
Once you arrive in Pulau Langkawi :
When the boats from Langkawi to Koh Lipe are not operating, you will first have to travel to Hat Yai in southern Thailand.
To get to Hat Yai from Kuala Lumpur you can :
1) Fly with AirAsia from KUL to HDY.
2) Take a high-speed ETS train from KL Sentral to the Thai border at Padang Besar, then a Shuttle Train or local bus to Hat Yai.
3) From Hat Yai railway station or airport you can then take a minivan or taxi to Pak Bara (around two hours - 120 kms).
4) From Pak Bara pier take a regular fast boat to Koh Lipe (about one and a half hours).
Read guest reviews.
Compare room prices for the cheapest deals.